AZcendant IP Camera Filter Overview
An Alternative to Webcams - Wireless Video
The AZcendant IP Camera Filter is a "DirectShow Source Filter". It MUST be used with a video capture application such as HandyAvi (preferred) or some other application such as VirtualDub, WebcamXP, Windows Media Encoder, etc.
The AZcendant IP Camera Filter allows you to view and capture video from Internet Protocol (IP) Cameras when used in conjunction with an application such as HandyAvi.
IP Cameras are cameras that send their video data over either a wired or wireless ethernet/internet connection. This means that the camera can be half-way around the world and you can still receive the video images that are produced by the camera.
Wireless cameras such as the Panasonic BL-C131A can be set up around your home or office and they will transmit video images over the ethernet/internet to your wireless router without having to be directly plugged in with an ethernet cable. All they need is a source of power from an AC source or from solar power and batteries or from any other imaginable power source.
IP Cameras have self-contained internet server software that makes them behave like an internet server so the video images can be seen using an internet browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, ...) or by using other systems such as HandyAvi with the AZcendant IP Camera Filter.
The AZcendant IP Camera Filter now supports multiple cameras simultaneously. You can now purchase a license to support 1, 2, 5, 10, 15 or 20 cameras.
The AZcendant IP Camera Filter:
- Allows you to receive images from wired or wireless Internet Protocol
Cameras (IP Cameras)
- Supports hundreds of types of IP cameras that are on your local internet
- Supports any type of MJPEG or JPEG camera if it is on the internet
- Handles MJPEG streams (Real-time video - images transmitted rapidly by the camera)
- Handles JPEG streams (Images transmitted every few seconds or minutes by the camera)
- Handles video data from internet webcams when their URL is entered
- Automatically detects transmitted image size of internet webcams
- Recovers automatically from any disruption of video transmission
- Handles User IDs and Passwords for secured video sites
- Allows port selection if necessary
- Does automatic port selection for internet webcams when their URL has been entered
- Allows Secured Socket Layer (SSL, i.e., https) secure network access if necessary
- Works best with HandyAvi
- Make time-lapse movies
- Make motion-detect movies
- Also works with VirtualDub, WebcamXP, Windows Media Encoder, Blue Iris, etc.
- Support for multiple cameras (1, 2, 5, 10, 15, or 20 cameras) is now available!
- See list of supported IP Cameras (if you need to use your camera on a local area network.)
See videos taken from remote IP cameras that are on the internet.
IP Camera Properties (setup) window: